Provide the institutional mission statement.
The Institutional Mission Statement is:
The University of Cartagena, as a public institution, through the accomplishment of its teaching, research and extension substantives functions, as well as its internationalization process, form competent professionals in different areas of the Knowledge, with scientific, humanistic, ethical, cultural and axiological foundation. This allows them to exercise responsible citizenship, contribute to the social transformation, and lead processes of business, environmental and cultural development in its institutional action context.
The Food Engineering Program Mission Statement Is:
The Food Engineering Program of the Universidad de Cartagena provides high quality professionals in the area of food engineering. These professionals have significant research experience, a great sense of social responsibility, and an ethical conscience thus preparing them to create solutions to the problems within the food sector and the food processing industry.
Program Educational Objectives
List the program educational objectives and state where these can be found by the general public.
General Objective Of The Program
To form food engineers with a good scientific and technical foundation that prepares them to design and innovate the complex processes of food production, as well as optimize the existing processes that lead the economic and business development of the food industry in Colombia and around the world.
Specific Objectives Of The Program
- They apply their knowledge of engineering, technology and food science.
- They lead quality processes in the food industry, supported by economic principles, applying the concepts of sustainable development and environmental conservation.
- They apply the knowledge of science and basic engineering for the processes of management, transformation and conservation of food, for the integral and effective use of raw materials for food and the obtaining of products, under clear parameters of quality.
- They solve problems and make appropriate decisions in an efficient and timely manner in the field of the food industry, to advise or create companies, for the proper use of natural resources.
- They contribute to the scientific, technological, and economic development of the agri-food industry in the national and international environment.